Friday, January 9th, 2009
Ok, after my previous post and looking at things a bit more. I’ve decided to make the search rank checking tool even more of a knowledge base to help track proceedings over time.
The aim now is to include archiving of:
- Rankings in search results
- Number of pages indexed in the different search engines
- Google Page Rank
- Back link numbers from Google and Yahoo!
Might also look at lower quality metrics such as alexa ranking.
Is there anything you’d recommend archiving?
Friday, December 19th, 2008
After looking round for a web based search rank checker solution that will keep an archive of rankings. I decided it’ll probably be easier to develop rank checking software to reside on my server.
I’m after your input, what sort of features would you like to see in a web based search rank checking solution?
- Account > Client > Keyword structure
- Cron setup to run rank checking at selected intervals
- Graph rankings over time
- Download CSV export
Once sorted will look to open it up to the public, but in this blog post i’m hoping to get a few ideas around what if any additional functionality I should look to build in. Things like:
- Search engine selection. Google, Yahoo, live, local variants (Google.co.nz), local variants restricted (Google.co.nz New Zealand only)
- Competitors rankings along side the selected keywords
- Number of search results returned
- Rank checking frequency. Monthly, Fortnightly, Weekly or Daily
Your input is valuable for this project. So please let me know what you’d like to see and try and work it in.
Also if you’re interested in taking it out for a trial run. Drop a comment and I will update you on when it’s stable enough for a trial.
Monday, June 30th, 2008
Yahoo has teamed up with McAfee setup searchscan and displays information within the search results.
Now from a user point of view this is a good thing, it adds an extra safety net to their everyday internet usage. Making the end user aware of any issues regarding a particular search result.
When it comes business, its another precaution step that you take for your everyday workings. You need to make sure that you don’t get flagged within these results, especially when the reason is to do with your business and the services offered. (see image below)