Archive for the ‘Web’ Category
Monday, February 4th, 2008
I use Google Analytics quite a bit over a number of sites. But there’s some things I would like to see:
- Weekly, monthly and yearly trends rather than the current daily trends.
- Site performance stats such as page load times and server uptime
- Multi path funnels
- Search bot stats
- Real time stats
I’m sure theres more, feel free to add any others in the comments
Saturday, February 2nd, 2008
I received an email the other day from a company trying to sell SEO to me for my blog.
Of course this email got flagged as spam as it was obvious to me that they were trying to make business by spamming website owners with an offer. Basically they would only get paid by me if I get results.
If I were ignorant I guess this may have been enticing. However I am not.
For those that haven’t got a clue and think the offer in the email is for you, here’s a few tips:
- Don’t trust any email that you don’t know the company that is sending it to you
- Check their website
- The on-page optimisation used
- Check their clients & examples of work and results
- Finally just be wary.
From the email that I got here’s a few things that I picked up on:
- Firstly their domain…cattledriver.org. What sort of SEO company would use such a domain.
- Next they referenced everything to webhelp.co.nz. This is a sure sign they don’t know you and are running through some automated emailing script
- Then there’s an unsubscribe link at the bottom pointing to a completely different url. Why would I unsubscribe to something that I didn’t subscribe to.
- Lastly their site…yes I took a look at their site, mainly for this post. But hey it’s a doosy. Very spammy and now checking again the site is not up.
Be careful out there, theres nothing worse than getting ripped offNewer Entries »